Here’s a presentation I delivered today in an Ontario Hospital Association webcast. I’ve been following “e-FOI” developments for a while and was happy to finally build and deliver a presentation to lend some structure to the topic. Stay tuned for more!
All About information
A legal blog about privacy and access to information, protection of confidential business information, libel and slander and the law of production. It is authored by five lawyers from Hicks Morley, a Toronto-based management-side human resources law and advocacy firm. Please read the Disclaimer below.
- How to manage a data security incident – Ten tips from a breach practitioner
- Arbitrator says privacy concern did not justify altering records, wiping phone
- Arbitrator says association has no right of access to harassment investigation reports
- Arbitrator awards damages for substance abuse counsellor’s indiscretions
- Arbitrator awards $1,750 per employee for work camp sniffer dog search
- Arbitrator says outsourcing e-mail system to the cloud lawful
- IPC says a physician acting as assessor is not a health information custodian
- Ontario court issues significant and conservative decision on scope of privacy tort
- Federal Court says open courts principle overrides Privacy Act
- BCCA says arbitrators have discretion to identify grievors despite PIPA
Posts. The views expressed here are solely the authors' and should not be attributed to Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP or its clients. The material and information provided on this website are for general information only and should not, in any respect, be relied on as legal advice or opinion. The authors make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of any information linked or referred to or contained herein. No person should act or refrain from acting in reliance on any information found on this website or blog, without first retaining counsel and obtaining appropriate professional advice from a lawyer duly licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction. These materials do not constitute legal advice and do not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any of the authors or Hicks Morley. The authors act only on behalf of management. They welcome management-side inquires, but interested persons should not send any information about their matters to the authors in initial communications and before they have had a chance to complete a conflict check. Comments. Comments published on this site do not reflect the views of the authors or Hicks Morley.