Here’s a one hour private presentation my partner Jeff Goodman and I gave to a group of risk management professionals yesterday. I’d be happy to come to your organization and conduct a similar presentation if you’re interested. Please get in touch.
All About information
A legal blog about privacy and access to information, protection of confidential business information, libel and slander and the law of production. It is authored by five lawyers from Hicks Morley, a Toronto-based management-side human resources law and advocacy firm. Please read the Disclaimer below.
- NSCA addresses relevance, prorportionality and privacy in the ordering of forensic hard drive reviews
- No reasonable expectation of privacy in bad breath
- OPC issues important decision for federally-regulated employers on access to “mixed personal information”
- Happy New Year from AAI!
- BC arbitrators embrace openness in face of broad request for grievor annonymity
- Arbitrator orders damages for employer’s unauthorized call to personal doctor
- Privacy claim survives based on allegation of pretexting
- Lancaster House panel on monitoring job performance and productivity
- IPC accepts “unreasonable interference” argument in e-FOI case
- Div Ct affirms decision to give access to government contract
Posts. The views expressed here are solely the authors' and should not be attributed to Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP or its clients. The material and information provided on this website are for general information only and should not, in any respect, be relied on as legal advice or opinion. The authors make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of any information linked or referred to or contained herein. No person should act or refrain from acting in reliance on any information found on this website or blog, without first retaining counsel and obtaining appropriate professional advice from a lawyer duly licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction. These materials do not constitute legal advice and do not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any of the authors or Hicks Morley. The authors act only on behalf of management. They welcome management-side inquires, but interested persons should not send any information about their matters to the authors in initial communications and before they have had a chance to complete a conflict check. Comments. Comments published on this site do not reflect the views of the authors or Hicks Morley.