Here’s a one hour private presentation my partner Jeff Goodman and I gave to a group of risk management professionals yesterday. I’d be happy to come to your organization and conduct a similar presentation if you’re interested. Please get in touch.
All About information
A legal blog about privacy and access to information, protection of confidential business information, libel and slander and the law of production. It is authored by five lawyers from Hicks Morley, a Toronto-based management-side human resources law and advocacy firm. Please read the Disclaimer below.
- Review of IPC exclusion decisions now (officially) subject to reasonableness review
- Arbitrator dismisses complaint that union misused employer’s confidential information
- BCLRB affirms decision denying grievor anonymity
- BC court strikes privacy breach claim as being within OIPC’s exclusive jurisdiction
- Ontario arbitrator upholds discharge for Facebook postings
- Alberta CA deals with FOI standing issue, settlement privilege and more
- Scope of employer’s forensic examination criticized by PSLRB
- SCC says the voluntary identification of an anonymous internet user is unlawful
- SCC affirms broad public sector decision-making privilege
- Court dismisses application for information about business partner’s employees
Posts. The views expressed here are solely the authors' and should not be attributed to Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP or its clients. The material and information provided on this website are for general information only and should not, in any respect, be relied on as legal advice or opinion. The authors make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of any information linked or referred to or contained herein. No person should act or refrain from acting in reliance on any information found on this website or blog, without first retaining counsel and obtaining appropriate professional advice from a lawyer duly licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction. These materials do not constitute legal advice and do not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and any of the authors or Hicks Morley. The authors act only on behalf of management. They welcome management-side inquires, but interested persons should not send any information about their matters to the authors in initial communications and before they have had a chance to complete a conflict check. Comments. Comments published on this site do not reflect the views of the authors or Hicks Morley.